Published October 5, 2021
Mac OS X 12.0 / macOS 12.0 - Monterey Compatibility:
Updated: October 25, 2021
This new OS update may cause compatibility issues with older PreSonus hardware, please read the information below before updating to Monterey.
M1 native, M1 Rosetta 2, and intel x64 native.
Supported PreSonus Hardware Products:
Universal Control 3.6.0 includes support for:
- StudioLive Series
- NSB 8.8, NSB 16.8
- EarMix 16
- Requires a separate FireWire driver installation in addition to Universal Control installation. The FireWire driver installer can be found inside the Universal Control DMG.
- StudioLive 1602 USB
- StudioLive AR 22
- StudioLive AR 16c / 16
- StudioLive AR 12c / 12
- StudioLive AR 8c / 8
- StudioLive AI Series Console and Rack Mixers (Intel Macs Only)
- StudioLive Series III Consoles and Rack Mixers
- AudioBox Series
- Note: VSL Software is discontinued and will not work on Big Sur, read more here.
- AudioBox USB (all color variations)
- AudioBox USB 96 (all color variations)
- AudioBox USB 96 25th Anniversary
- AudioBox USB Studio (all versions)
- AudioBox USB Studio Ultimate (all versions)
- AudioBox iOne / iTwo
- AudioBox i-Two Studio
- AudioBox 1818VSL / 44VSL / 22VSL
- Studio Series
- Studio 192 / Studio 192 Mobile
- Studio 1824c / 1824
- Studio 1810c / 1810
- Studio 68c / 68
- Studio 26c / 26
- Studio 24c / 24
- Quantum Series
- Quantum 2
- Quantum 4848
- Quantum 2626
- Please see this video for installing Quantum on any supported version of Mac OS X.
- FaderPort Series
- FaderPort 16
- FaderPort 8
- FaderPort (2018 edition)
- ATOM Series
- ATOM Producers Lab
- ATOM SQ
- Revelator USB Microphone*
- Revelator io24 (supported in Universal Control 3.6)
Supported PreSonus Software:
- Universal Control 3.6.0 build 66460
- Studio One v5.4.1 build 66992
- PreSonus Hub v1.4.0 build 66449
- Notion (v6.8.2 Build 18133)
- PreSonus Sphere (all included software, add-ons, and bundled content)
- Capture 3.1
- Worx Control 1.5
- SL Room Control v22.214.171.124178
- Check your third-party plug-in developers’ websites for updates, as many of them may not install or run correctly under macOS 12, and will need updates to work correctly.
- Some Studio Magic Plug-ins may not run under macOS 12, please check with our partners for compatibility information.
- Universal Control 3.1 and older versions are not supported and will not open sample rate settings correctly on macOS X 11 Big Sur / macOSX 12 Monterey.
- Original Series FaderPort has been removed from Universal Control. The USB I/O was too old to support firmware updates over newer USB 3.x chipsets on Mac or PC. This product is out of production and no longer available.
- Please read this knowledgebase article on how to install updates for the older version of the FaderPort.
- The Original FaderPort will still be able to be used with macOS 11 Big Sur / macOS 12 Monterey as it is a class-compliant MIDI device. Updates are available provided you have access to an older version of Mac or Windows with an available USB 2.0 port.
- FireWire Products on Apple M1 Macs.
- FireWire Installer will not allow any 1394 products (StudioLive Classic, or StudioLive AI Series) to work with these newer systems.
- The StudioLive 16.0.2 Classic is not officially supported with Intel-CPU Macs running macOS 12 Monterey. (Update March 2022) We have reports that it does work, you are welcome to use it at your own discretion.
- Universal Control 1.7.6 - FireWire products still work on Mac OS X 10.8.5—macOS 10.14 Mojave (as well as Windows 7, 8.1, and 10). However, it will not be available on macOS 10.15 Catalina or future macOS versions. Users of the following products are advised not to update their systems beyond macOS 10.14 Mojave:
- StudioLive 16.4.2
- StudioLive 24.4.2
- FireStudio Project
- FireStudio Mobile
- FireStudio Tube
- FireStudio Lightpipe
We will provide an update if anything changes regarding use with our products with macOS11 and what updates are necessary to ensure proper compatibility.
PreSonus iOS 15 Compatibility Statement:
On September 20, 2021, Apple released iOS 15. You can learn more about iOS 15 on Apple's website.
PreSonus has been involved with testing iOS 15 during its development phases, and found that iOS 15 does not appear to introduce any new issues with any PreSonus apps for the iOS platform.
iPadOS 15 for iPad has been tested with current versions of the following applications:
- MyPreSonus - v2.0.0
- UC Surface - v3.6.66460
- SL Remote - 1.6.5
- SL Remote-AI - 1.2.1
- Capture Duo - v1.0.4
- Capture (for iPad) - v1.0.4
- Studio One Remote - v1.6.0
- Notion - v2.6.1
- AudioBox 1818VSL Remote - v1.5.5503
iOS 15 for iPhone / iPod Touch devices has been tested with the current versions of the following applications:
- QMix-UC - v2.1
- QMix - v1.4.5848
- Notion - v2.6.1
We will continue to monitor and accept feedback for customer issues/concerns.
To report any issues, please contact PreSonus Technical Support by creating a Support Ticket at My.PreSonus.com/Support for further assistance.