Published October 6, 2021
Microsoft released Windows 11 on October 5, 2021.
This new OS update may cause compatibility issues with older PreSonus hardware, please read the information below before updating to Windows 11.
Supported PreSonus Software:
- Studio One v6.0.0
- Studio One v5.5.2 build 66465
- PreSonus Hub v1.4.0 build 66449
- Notion (v6.8.2 Build 18133)
- PreSonus Sphere (all included software, add-ons, and bundled content)
- Capture 3.1
- Worx Control 1.5
- SL Room Control v22.214.171.124178
- Check your third-party plug-in developers’ websites for updates, as many of them may not install or run correctly under Windows 11, and will need updates themselves to work correctly.
Supported PreSonus Hardware
Universal Control 126.96.36.199460 released on Sept 14, 2021, already supports Windows 11 and can be obtained from the download page for each product or from your MyPreSonus account.
This includes support for:
StudioLive Series III Consoles and Rack Mixers
- NSB 8.8, NSB 16.8
- EarMix 16
- StudioLive AR 22
- StudioLive AR 16c / 16
- StudioLive AR 12c / 12
- StudioLive AR 8c / 8
- StudioLive Series III Consoles and Rack Mixers
- AudioBox USB (all color variations)
- AudioBox USB 96 (all color variations)
- AudioBox USB 96 25th Anniversary
- AudioBox USB Studio (all versions)
- AudioBox USB Studio Ultimate (all versions)
- AudioBox iOne / iTwo
- AudioBox i-Two Studio
AudioBox 1818VSL / 44VSL / 22VSL
- Note: VSL Software is discontinued
- Studio 192 / Studio 192 Mobile
- Studio 1824c / 1824
- Studio 1810c / 1810
- Studio 68c / 68
- Studio 26c / 26
- Studio 24c / 24
- Quantum 2
- Quantum 4848
- Quantum 2626
- FaderPort 16
- FaderPort 8
- FaderPort (2018 edition)
- ATOM Producers Lab
- ATOM SQ
- Revelator USB Microphone
- Revelator io24 (supported in Universal Control 3.6)
Products Unsupported under Windows 11:
- StudioLive AI Series Console and Rack Mixers
- Previous versions of Studio One may run on Windows 11, but they are not technically supported at this time.
Universal Control 1.7.6 - FireWire products will still work on Windows 10.
Users of the following products are advised not to update their systems beyond Windows 10:
- StudioLive 16.4.2
- StudioLive 24.4.2
- StudioLive 16.0.2 (Firewire)
- FireStudio Project
- FireStudio Mobile
- FireStudio Tube
- FireStudio Lightpipe
- More info here - Windows FireWire Driver Discontinuation Knowledgebase article.
- Users of the following products are advised not to update their systems beyond Windows 10:
FaderPort Classic has been removed from Universal Control. The USB I/O was too old to support firmware updates over newer USB 3.x chipsets on Mac or PC. This product is out of production and no longer available.
The FaderPort Classic will still be able to be used with Windows 11 as it is a class-compliant MIDI device. Updates are available provided you have access to an older version of Mac or Windows with an available USB 2.0 port.
- Please read this knowledgebase article on how to install updates for the older version of the FaderPort.
- The FaderPort Classic will still be able to be used with Windows 11 as it is a class-compliant MIDI device. Updates are available provided you have access to an older version of Mac or Windows with an available USB 2.0 port.
We will provide an update if anything changes regarding use with our products with Windows 11 and what updates are necessary to ensure proper compatibility.
Please contact PreSonus Technical Support by creating a Support Ticket at My.PreSonus.com/Support for further assistance.