Published Jan 29, 2021
Before proceeding please be sure your firmware is updated on your respective StudioLive and Universal Control:
For information on what information is saved in the project or scene filters, see the article below; https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005694626-StudioLive-Series-III-Project-Scene-and-Preset-Recall-Filters
These instructions can also be found here in the Studio Live Series III Owner's Manual, section 9.6
Saving a Project
1. To save a project, press the [Scenes] button (located under the Main touch screen). The [Store] and [Recall] buttons will begin to flash.
2. Tap the desired location in the list on the left side for your new Project. You can select an Empty Location or a previously used location.
Selecting a previously stored Project will overwrite the stored settings with the current settings.
3. Press the left "Store" button on the Main Touch Screen to bring up the onscreen keyboard. Enter your Project name with the keyboard.
*Please Note, Pressing the 'X' at the top-right corner will clear the whole name.*
4. Press the Enter button to the right to save your Project, or press the Cancel button in the bottom-right of the screen to cancel and return to the Projects Library screen.
5. Once saved, the Current Project field will alert you that your Project has been successfully saved and then display your new Project name.
*Please Note: A new Project will automatically save a new Scene within itself on the right list for Scenes named "New Scene"*
Loading a Project:
1. Tap the name of the desired Project.
2. Press the left Recall button on the Touch Display.
3. Once loaded, the Current Project field will display the Project name.
Saving a Scene
Saving a scene works the same way as saving a project, however, scenes are saved WITHIN projects and you may save multiple scenes in a single project.
Moreover, the Project is the main file and the Scenes are saved inside the Project. This is due to the different parameters saved in Projects and Scenes. Projects contain more global related settings while the Scenes are more related to mix and Fat Channel settings.
Please see the link below to see which settings are saved to the Project or Scene:
1. To save a scene, press the Scenes button. The [Store] and [Recall] buttons will begin to flash.
2.Tap the desired location for your new Scene. You can select an Empty Location or a previously used location. Selecting a previously stored Scene will overwrite the stored settings with the current settings.
3. Press the right Store button on the Main Touch Screen to bring up the onscreen keyboard. Enter your Scene name with the keyboard.
*Note* Pressing the 'X' at the top right corner of the Scene name will clear the field.
4. Press the Enter button on the right to save your Scene, or press the Cancel button in the bottom right corner of the screen to cancel and return to the Scene Library screen.
Loading a Scene
1. Tap name of the desired Scene in the Scenes list on the right of the [Scenes] button menu.
2. Press the right Recall button on the Touch Display.
3. Once loaded, the Current Scene field will display the Scene name.
*NOTE* When loading a Scene from a different Project, the parameters of the Project it is in will be loaded. Scenes are exclusive to their respected Projects.