Published February 12, 2014
PLEASE NOTE: This solution is for Windows 7 only. It will not work with any other version of Windows.
Some users may experience some difficulties, such as loss of connection or drop outs, when using the default FireWire driver in Windows 7. In order to resolve this, you may need to switch to the "Legacy" driver that Microsoft provides.
Installing the Legacy FireWire driver:
1. Power off your PreSonus FireStudio interface or StudioLive mixer.
2. Find your FireWire (IEEE 1394) controller in Device Manager (go to Start > Control Panel > System > Device Manager).
3. Open the IEEE 1394 Bus Host Controllers group.
4. Right-click on your FireWire controller and choose "Update driver..."
5. Use the "Search for files on your computer" option.
6. Select the "Choose from a list" option. Select the "1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy)" driver and click "Next".
Please contact PreSonus Technical Support by creating a Support Ticket at My.PreSonus.com for further assistance.
>How to create a support ticket<