Reviewed May 25, 2022
StudioLive AI and RM/RML Mixers - Studio One 1:1 and Stereo I/O Setup
Finding the Template for your StudioLive in Studio One
We recommend starting with the template for your StudioLive AI/RM within Studio One,
This will start with all input and output routing setup as 1:1 per channel.
When creating a new song in Studio One,
- Choose the "Interfaces" tab to see the templates for various PreSonus Interfaces.
- Choose "StudioLive 32.4.2 AI and RM32 Session" or "StudioLive 16.4.2 AI and RM16 Session" depending on your StudioLive model.
StudioLive and Studio One 1:1 Input and Output routing:
By default, the template will route audio in and out of the same Channel (1:1).
To hear a track playback from Studio One,
The corresponding channel on the StudioLive will need to be set to Firewire Input-type using the [D))] Input button on the console.
*Ensure that the Digital Return type is set to "Firewire" and not "Network" on the StudioLive screen*
StudioLive RM/RML users will need to make this change from the channel's settings menu in the top left corner of Universal Control when the channel is selected.
For example, after recording on Channel 1/Track 1:
- Unarm the channel after recording to avoid a Digital Feedback loop during playback.
- Engage the [D))] button on Channel 1.
- Set the fader to the desired output level.
Then, to record again:
- Disengage the [D))] button on Channel 1.
- Arm Track 1 in Studio One
- This should show input into Track 1 from Channel 1's XLR input.
StudioLive and Studio One 1:1 Input with Stereo-Sum Output routing
To have Studio One summed to output L/R instead of each channel individually:
1. Select the output dropdown for each channel.
2. Set the track to output to the 2-trackIn L/R Bus channel.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 for all tracks.
4. Set the 2-TrackIn L/R Bus output dropdown to a pair of channels on your StudioLive.
The 2-TrackIn and Dig Ret's channel-count assignment differs for each StudioLive model,
- StudioLive 16.4.2 AI - 2-TrackIn = Channel 17/18
- StudioLive 24.4.2 AI - 2-TrackIn = Channel 25/26
- StudioLive 32.4.2 AI - 2-TrackIn = Channel 33/34
- StudioLive RM16 and RML16 - Dig Ret = Channel 17/18
- StudioLive RM32 and RML32 - Dig Ret = Channel 33/34
5. Set the corresponding channel on the StudioLive to Firewire input.
For StudioLive AI Consoles,
- Set the 2-TrackIn channel to Firewire Input-type using the [D))] button on the console.
- Adjust the channel's fader to the desired output volume.
For StudioLive RM/RML rack-mount mixers,
- Select the channel's settings menu in the top left corner of Universal Control when the channel is selected.
- Set Input to Firewire.
Then you would be able to route the Studio One Stereo playback through your StudioLive's Mains and Aux outputs from the Input Faders receiving audio from Studio One.