Published March 23, 2022
There are a few things to do if your Fadeprort 2018 is not functioning as it should be. You can "flash" the firmware. You can also test in different environments to ensure the validity of the Hardware itself.
In all cases, a FaderPort User Manual can be of great assistance.
- Power cycle the unit holding the “Prev” button
- Press the red “Read” button and wait until process completes.
- Then uninstall your current version of Universal Control.
- Download and install the latest version of Universal Control.
- Once UC is finished downloading, Open UC and Update to the Firmware..
- Test with new or different USB cable
- Connect to a different USB port on your Computer
- Connect thru a Powered USB Hub
- Test on a different computer.
- Download the Studio One Prime (Free)
- Set the unit to Native Mode by power cycling the FP2 while holding the "Next" key.
- Press the "Solo" button and start Studio one.
- Open a new /empty session and test Transport (play, pause, FF, RW, RTZ, record.. )
- Once a track is laid down, test the functionality of the Fader by moving the hardware fader, then the software fader on the DAW Screen.
These simple tests can verify whether the issues you are having are Hardware Related, or Software related.
Please contact PreSonus Technical Support by creating a Support Ticket at My.PreSonus.com for further assistance.
>How to create a support ticket<