Updated November 23, 2020 (Firmware 2.4)
Before proceeding, please be sure your firmware is updated on your StudioLive:
Please also be sure that Universal Control/UC-Surface is up-to-date:
Creating a mix to send to an external effects processor is similar to creating an internal FX mix.
For our example, Channel 1 is the Microphone-Input,
Aux Mix 5/6 are the Outputs TO the external-processor,
and Input Channels 15/16 are the External-Equipment's returns into the StudioLive.
The StudioLive 16R is used for this demonstration, but the concept can be applied to the StudioLive 24R and 32R as well.
1. Connect Mix Outputs 5/6 to the inputs of your external effects processor and connect the outputs of the effects processor to inputs 15/16 on the StudioLive rack mixer.
2. Open Universal Control and click on your Series III Rackmount mixer to log into it.
3. Select input channel 15 and press Link in the Fat Channel control section, linking input channels 15/16. Ensure that these channels are assigned to the Main and that the fader is raised.
4. Click on Mix Masters to display your Aux mixes. Select Aux 5 and press Link in the Fat Channel control section, linking Auxes 5/6. Then, raise the faders for Auxes 5/6.
5. For each channel that you wish to send to the external processor, select the mix-layer for Aux 5/6 and raise the related input-channel fader to the desired level. Setting a fader higher in this layer will send more of it Out to the External equipment.
In this example, we use a microphone connected to input channel 1, sending the signal from the Mix outputs 5/6 to the external FX processor.
6. Move the Mix Master fader of Aux 5/6 to adjust the overall level of the output you’re sending to the external processor.
7. Return to the "Main" mix-layer and you should now see your External equipment's (Post) wet signal on input channel 15/16, and can be mixed with the (Pre) dry signal from Channel 1.
If you wish to send a mono signal rather than stereo, skip the stereo linking options in steps 3 and 4. You would no longer need to link Aux 6 (Mix output 6) or the FX return to input channel 16.