Updated November 24, 2020
Before proceeding please be sure your firmware is updated on your StudioLive and that you are using the latest Universal Control:
Universal Control has the ability to control your hardware, but it's also capable of saving your StudioLive mixer's projects, scenes and presets for safe keeping. We recommend saving a backup of your mixer's settings before performing any firmware updates or factory resets.
1. First, connect the Series III mixer to Universal Control (USB or Control port)
2. Once your mixer shows in Universal Control, click on it.
3. Click the Settings gear in the top-right corner of "Mixer-view"
4. Find and click on the "Backup" Tab
5. Click on "Backup" to begin the back-up process. Once this process is complete, you will see a new file in the list of backups.
*Keep in mind that the Backup only saves Projects, Scenes, and Presets that have already been stored to the mixer. If you have not saved your current settings to an actual Project/Scene, these settings will not be saved in the backup.*
The mixer's projects, scenes and presets are now backed up to Universal Control. If you wish to Restore the backup to a Series III mixer, continue with steps 6-10.
6. Connect the Series III mixer to Universal Control (USB or Control port)
7. Click the Settings gear in the top-right corner of "Mixer-view" (same as step 3).
8. Navigate to the "Backup" tab (same as step 4).
9. Highlight the Backup file you wish to load on the Series III mixer.
10. Click "Restore"
Universal Control will perform the restore, transferring the backup to the Series III mixer.