Published March 10, 2020
It is possible to daisy chain a Quantum 2626 with a Quantum, Quantum 2, or Quantum 4848.
Quantum 2626 is a Thunderbolt 3 compatible interface that uses the USB Type-C connector.
Thunderbolt 3 is backwards compatible with Thunderbolt 2 that uses the Mini Display Port connector found on Quantum, Quantum 2 and Quantum 4848.
It is possible to connect the Quantum 2626 to a the previous Quantum devices provided the correct Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 bi-directional adapter is used, meaning data can travel both up and down the same cable. While there are many Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapters on the market, Apple so far is the only manufacturer of a bi-directional Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter.
To make the Quantum 2626 work with a Thunderbolt 2 connection:
- Plug the Apple adapter Thunderbolt 3 connector into the back of the Quantum 2626
- Plug a Thunderbolt 2 cable into the other end of the Apple adapter.
- Plug the other end of that Thunderbolt 2 cable into an available port on the Quantum, Quantum 2, or Quantum 4848.
- Plug another Thunderbolt 2 cable into the other available port on the Quantum, Quantum 2 or Quantum 4848.
- Plug the opposite end of that Thunderbolt 2 cable into an available Thunderbolt 2 port on your system.
PLEASE NOTE: Thunderbolt 3 adapters from Startech, AZIO, Cable Matters, CY, etc are uni-directional adapters and can only operate while connected directly when the to a computer host and therefore will not work in this configuration.
Make sure your adapter support bi-directional functionality.
Please contact PreSonus Technical Support by creating a Support Ticket at My.PreSonus.com for further assistance.