Published May 21, 2018
In some isolated cases we have seen issues with some customer systems where the update for the firmware Windows 10 users are running into an issue that even though when prompted by Universal Control, and the process completes successfully, Quantum no longer shows up in Universal Control at all. The device shows up perfectly fine as it did before in Device Manager and in the Intel Thunderbolt task tray application.
There is something in the system that is preventing the update from being allowed to initialize.
- Remove the Quantum from the Intel Thunderbolt control panel, which would force it to re-authorize on a reconnect.
- Uninstall Quantum from the device manager.
- Uninstall Universal Control.
- Reboot System.
- Reinstall latest version of Universal Control from PreSonus website.
- Reboot again to make sure driver loads correctly.
- Plug in the Quantum, power it on, and the Quantum will have to re-authorize to the Thunderbolt control panel.
- Make sure to set Intel Permissions so that it allows to always connect.
- At which point the Quantum sync / power light will illuminate solid blue indicating that the system can start the firmware and Universal Control can see it.
Please contact PreSonus Technical Support by creating a Support Ticket at My.PreSonus.com for further assistance.
>How to create a support ticket<