Here are some troubleshooting steps to perform when your AudioBox is either not connecting to your computer or there is no audio output.
If the lights on my AudioBox are on, but there is an error "Device descriptor request failed (code 43)".
Some computers may not be able to provide enough voltage to power the interface. In this case, using a basic powered USB Hub between the AudioBox and the computer will solve the issue.
Here are steps to completely remove all AudioBox drivers:
1. Disconnect the AudioBox from your computer
2. Hit the Windows Key
3. Now type “View advanced system settings” and press return
4. Click Environment Variables button
5. Click the New button for the top section on this window
6. For "Variable Name:" type this exactly
7. For "Variable Value:" enter a single number " 1 "
8. Click OK and couple times and then open the Device Manger
9. Click the View menu and check "Show Hidden Devices"
10. Right click and Uninstall any "AudioBox", "PreSonus", "USB Audio Device" and or "Unknown Device" you see listed under any category
11. Restart your computer.
12. Reinstall Universal Control.
PLEASE NOTE: If you believe you are having connectivity issues, such as the device not being recognized by Windows or Mac OS X when plugged in, make sure to check your USB cable with one you are certain works, as well as try all USB ports on the system.
Please contact PreSonus Technical Support by creating a Support Ticket at My.PreSonus.com for further assistance.