Step 1 - Select MCU mode
To use your FaderPort 8 within Reaper you'll first need to ensure the FP8 is set to MCU mode.
- Power off the FaderPort 8
- Hold the first and second "Select" buttons on the FP8
- Power the unit back on
- Once the unit has powered up and displays "Select Control Mode" across the top of the scribble strips you can release the Select buttons
- Select "MCU"
- Press the eighth "Select" button ("EXIT" will be displayed on the scribble strip above this Select button)
You are now in MCU mode on your FaderPort 8 and will remain in MCU mode even if you power the device off. To change to a different mode execute the steps listed above but select a different mode (such as HUI or Studio One mode).
Step 2 - Configure a Control Surface within Reapers Preferences
- Open Reaper
- Click the "Options" drop down menu and select "Preferences
- Click on "Control Surfaces" within the Preferences menu
- Click "Add"
- Select "Mackie Control Universal" as Control Surface mode
- Select "PreSonus FP8" as your MIDI input and MIDI output