Published December 1, 2016
Step 1 - Select HUI mode
To use your FaderPort 8 within ProTools you'll first need to ensure the FP8 is set to HUI mode.
- Power off the FaderPort 8
- Hold the first and second "Select" buttons on the FP8
- Power the unit back on
- Once the unit has powered up and displays "Select Control Mode" across the top of the scribble strips you can release the Select buttons
- Select "HUI"
- Press the eighth "Select" button ("EXIT" will be displayed on the scribble strip above this Select button)
You are now in HUI mode on your FaderPort 8 and will remain in HUI mode even if you power the device off. To change to a different mode execute the steps listed above but select a different mode (such as MCU or Studio One mode).
Step 2 - Configure the Peripheral menu in ProTools
- Open ProTools
- Open the "Setup" drop down menu and select "Peripherals"
- Set "Type" to "HUI"
- Select FaderPort8 (may appear as "PreSnsFP8") under "Receive From" and "Send to"
Your FaderPort 8 will now be synced for use with ProTools.
Please contact PreSonus Technical Support by creating a Support Ticket at My.PreSonus.com for further assistance.