Published November 30, 2016
PLEASE NOTE: Curent versions of FL Studio will differ.
Step 1 - Select MCU mode
To use your FaderPort 8 within FLStudio you'll first need to ensure the FP8 is set to MCU mode.
- Power off the FaderPort 8
- Hold the first and second "Select" buttons on the FP8
- Power the unit back on
- Once the unit has powered up and displays "Select Control Mode" across the top of the scribble strips you can release the Select buttons
- Select "MCU"
- Press the eighth "Select" button ("EXIT" will be displayed on the scribble strip above this Select button)
You are now in MCU mode on your FaderPort 8 and will remain in MCU mode even if you power the device off. To change to a different mode execute the steps listed above but select a different mode (such as HUI or Studio One mode).
Step 2 - Configure FLStudio's MIDI input/output devices
- Open FLStudio
- Open the Options drop down menu
- Go to the MIDI Settings tab
- Configure the MIDI settings page to reflect the screenshot below, paying close attention to the sections highlighted with red boxes
Your FaderPort 8 is now synced and ready for use within FLStudio.
Please contact PreSonus Technical Support by creating a Support Ticket at My.PreSonus.com for further assistance.