If you are using a Mac running OS X then please send a System Profile instead:
Your tech support agent will be able to begin troubleshooting your FireWire interface after being provided with the following two files which contain detailed information about your system's configuration:
- System Information ( *.NFO ) file
- OHCI Report (contains info about your specific FireWire card's chipset )
PLEASE NOTE: If you own PreSonus hardware, you will need to have your PreSonus hardware attached to the computer by USB or FireWire and powered on when you do this.
I) System Information ( .NFO) File:
To access your PC’s System Information on Windows 7
1. Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Information
2. IMPORTANT: Click File then "Save as", save this file as a .nfo file format and rename the file your name and attach it to this email.
To access your PC’s System Information on Windows 8 and Windows 10:
1. Go to the the Desktop.
2. Press [WinLogoKey] + R to bring up 'Run'.
3. Type 'msinfo32' without quotes.
4. Press the [Enter] key.
5. IMPORTANT: Click File then "Save as", save this file as a .nfo file format and rename the file your name and attach it to this email.
II) OHCI Report:
This program scans your computer in order to determine whether or not the firewire card on the computer is compatible with our interfaces.
Download the following OHCI tool:
- Run the downloaded ohciTool.exe file and click the "Scan Now" button
- Take a screen shot of the results and attach that to your support ticket
***If the first link does not give back any results then please use this second link***
Please Note: Do not Check any of the Boxes Prior to running the OCHI Report. This will restrict the restrict the report from being run properly and showing all necessary data.