Updated Jan 19th, 2023.
Before proceeding please be sure your firmware is updated on your StudioLive and that you are using the latest Universal Control:
This article covers the following,
If your StudioLive that uses a USB connection is,
- Not showing in Universal Control v4
- Does show but clicking the mixer picture does nothing
- Your StudioLive does not show as a selectable audio interface
- Your StudioLive is shown in the "Problem Device" category of your System Report (NFO file).
- If your StudioLive is disconnecting or not showing in Windows once Compatibility mode is engaged, Windows may be having an issue identifying the driver for this mode specifically.
- Further information regarding Compatibility Mode can be found here:
- >Compatibility Mode in Universal Control v4
Installing the missing driver:
Please review these instructions for installing the driver as demonstrated here for a StudioLive 64S.
Please note: Series III StudioLives must be in Compatibility Mode for this process. Please take a look at the article below for information on Compatibility Mode.
If you are using a Series III StudioLive rackmount mixer, we recommend to disconnect USB and connect the Ethernet Control Network to engage Compatibility Mode.
Once engaged, reconnect the USB and attempt the instructions below.
1. First, find the StudioLive "Subdevice" in Device Manager.
2. Right click and choose "Update Driver"
3. Then Choose "Browse My computer for drivers"
4. Choose "Browse":
Ensure that "Include subfolders" is checked.
5. Once the Browse For Folder window opens,
For Series III StudioLive mixers:
Locate "Program Files > PreSonus > Universal Control > Drivers > StudioLive3> x64" (see screenshot)
For StudioLive 16.0.2 USB mixers:
Locate "Program Files > PreSonus > Universal Control > Drivers > StudioLiveClassic > x64"
For StudioLive ARc mixers:
Locate "Program Files > PreSonus > Universal Control > Drivers > StudioLiveAR > x64"
6. Then click "OK" and "Next" to install the driver and connectivity with your StudioLive should be restored.
Please contact PreSonus Technical Support by creating a Support Ticket at My.PreSonus.com/support for further assistance.