When reporting an issue while using Presonus products on Apple(Mac) computers to Presonus Support, we may request a System Information File. In macOS, this file is also known as a "SPX" file. This file contains information about your computers hardware and software environment. When relevant, Presonus Support will request this to troubleshoot your computer. During your support ticket request process, you can either create and attach an SPX file or when support requests the SPX file, create and attach the file to your ticket. This is extremely important, and will help us to quickly resolve reported issues.
To access your MAC's System Profile:
- Open the Apple Menu.
- Choose [About this Mac].
- Choose [System Report].
****Make sure all Audio/MIDI hardware is connected to the computer and powered on before generating the SPX file.
When the SPX file window opens, leave it open for around 5 minutes so all the sections in the file populate.
- Choose [File] to open the menu.
- Press [Save...] to open the Save window.
- Type in your name(for instance) to name the SPX file.
- Choose Desktop as the location to save.
- Press the [Save] button to save the SPX file.
After saving the SPX file, please attach the file to your support ticket. You can submit a support request by either signing into your my.presonus.com or sphere.presonus.com account, and then clicking the “Support” tab.
- Create your ticket, and please fill out ALL the fields.
- Press the Add Attachments [Choose File] button to browse to your saved SPX file.
- When the window opens, choose Desktop.
- Select your SPX file.
- Press [Open] to attach the SPX file.
- Press [Submit] to send your ticket to Presonus Support.