Updated November 11, 2021
Before proceeding, please be sure your firmware is updated on your StudioLive,
You will need the latest Universal Control for your computer:
First, you will need to connect both StudioLives by their Audio-Network (AVB) ports.
Here is a list of our recommended AVB cabling:
On the Main StudioLive console where inputs are connected:
Then, from the Front of House (FOH) StudioLive, you will need to set it to be the Main network clock.
- Press [Home] > "System" > Network Clock > Set to Internal
Then, you will need to assign the Broadcast/Recording Console's preamp permissions to the FOH StudioLive.
NOTE: This is set from the Main StudioLive, not the Secondary console.
This allows for the Main FOH StudioLive to provide Gain-staging control for the inputs,
and provides a +/- Trim Control to the recording Broadcast/Recording Console to dial in gain for the Stream/Recording.
- Press [Home] > Audio Routing > Remote I/O Setup > Select the second console > Set preamp permission to FOH StudioLive.
- Then press Apply.
NOTE: You will need to leave the Broadcast/Recording console set to "Standalone" mode.
It is recommended to have one AVB stream from the Second Console assigned back to the FOH console for clocking- even if not being used.
- Press [Home] > Audio Routing > AVB Inputs > Inputs 57-64 (for example) > Secondary StudioLive AVB Inputs 1-8 (for example)
On the Secondary StudioLive console where the Stream/Recording computer is connected:
After that, you will need to set the Network clock and arrange the AVB Sends from FOH to the Inputs of the secondary console.
On the second StudioLive console,
First, ensure the StudioLive is not also set as the Main Network Clock.
- Press [Home] > "System" > Network Clock > Set to "Network Stream"
Then, arrange the AVB Sends from FOH to the inputs of the StudioLive.
- Press [Home] > Audio Routing > AVB Inputs > Inputs 1-64 > FOH StudioLive AVB Sends 1-64 (respectively).
- Then, set all 32 channels to Network input-type in the FAT Channel Control section.
After this, you would only need to connect inputs to the Main FOH StudioLive as you normally would,
Then, the AVB should be sending the 32 inputs from FOH to the second StudioLive.
Please contact PreSonus Technical Support by creating a Support Ticket at My.PreSonus.com/Support for further assistance.