Updated March 22, 2021
Before proceeding please be sure your firmware is updated on your StudioLive and that you are using the latest Universal Control:
StudioLive Series III Console - Firmware Update
StudioLive Series III Rack mixer - Firmware Update
When you are in a mix layer the Master Fader should control the volume of the mix you have selected.
If it does not, your master fader is likely locked to control the Main L/R output.
How do I know if my Master Fader is locked?
- Press [Mix 1],
- Press [Select] on the Master Fader (Aux Master)
- Does the Main screen say "Aux 1" at the top, or does it say "Main"?
- If it says "Main" your Master Fader is locked to control the Main L/R output.
How do I lock/unlock my Master Fader?
- Hold [Select] on the Master Fader until the select button blinks to unlock the fader to control the Mix/Aux outputs again.
NSB and AVB Users please note:
If your Master Fader is not locked and you are still unable to control the volume of your Auxes to your Network-AVB outputs using the Aux Master, please be sure that your Aux/Mix Master Fader is set to "Post Fader", and not "PreDSP".
- Press [Select] on the Aux Master,
- Observe the bottom right "Digital Send" section on the Main screen.
- Set this option to "Post Fader"
- Repeat these steps for all Aux mixes.