Reviewed February 10, 2021
Before continuing you will need to be sure you are using the latest Universal Control and Firmware for your StudioLive:
Universal Control can be downloaded here:
After gain-staging your inputs and setting up input channels for your Main Mix, you may want to send channels to a few Aux outputs. The Aux/Flex-Mix layers function very similarly to the Main Mix layer.
Sending Channels to the Aux-
- First, choose the Aux mix you wish to adjust from the "Mixes" bank on the right side of Universal Control (UC-Surface). These Aux layers directly correspond to the Mix outputs on the back of your StudioLive. (The Aux 1 layer controls the Mix 1 physical output on the back, etc)
- After choosing your Mix, Universal Control should show you the fader-view for that specific mix.
- Raise the Aux-Master fader on the right-side of the input faders. (Shown below)
- Raise the faders of any input channels you wish to output through the selected Aux.
Adjusting Aux settings and setting Pre/Post-
When creating an Aux mix, you may want to consider the various Pre/Post options.
To find the settings for the Aux layer,
- Choose your Aux mix from the "Mixes" bank on the right side of Universal Control.
- Select the Aux-Master fader on the right.
- Then, in the top-left corner of Universal Control you should see your Aux settings and Pre/Post options. (Shown below)
- Choose the Pre/Post type that best suits your workflow:
- Pre1 - (Pre-fader) Audio is sent to the Aux mix directly after the Preamp/Gain from the Main Mix layer. FAT Channel adjustments and Fader position from the Main mix are not included in the signal.
- Pre2 - (Pre-fader) Audio is sent to the Aux mix directly after the FAT Channel adjustments. Gain, EQ, Comp, Gate and Limiter are all included in the signal to the Aux layer. Fader position from the Main Mix has no bearing on the signal into the Aux.
- Post - (Post-fader) Audio is sent to the Aux mix after Gain, FAT Channel adjustments, and Main mix fader-position. All information is included in the signal.
Pre/Post settings are further described in this video:
Please contact PreSonus Technical Support by creating a Support Ticket at My.PreSonus.com/Support for further assistance.