Universal Control 3.4.2 contains the 1.15 firmware update for ATOM SQ which resolves connectivity issues with Big Sur and some seen on Windows 10. Please download this version of Universal Control to install the update to your ATOM SQ.
If Universal Control 3.4.2 is installed on your Big Sur machine and ATOM SQ does not show up in the device list to complete the firmware upgrade:
- Disconnect ATOM SQ from your machine
- Hold down the Setup button on ATOM SQ
- Reconnect ATOM SQ while still holding the Setup button
- The Studio One logo will turn red on ATOM SQ and the screen will show the Updating Firmware progress bar
- ATOM SQ should now show up in the Universal Control device list and prompt a firmware update
- Click Update Firmware
The February 1, 2021 release of MacOS Big Sur 11.2 has introduced various connectivity issues with certain PreSonus products including ATOM SQ and StudioLive Series III digital mixers. These issues are being seen on both Intel and ARM-based machines. Issues include:
- ATOM SQ not displaying in Universal Control or Audio MIDI Setup
- ATOM SQ not establishing Native Mode connectivity with Studio One 5
- StudioLive Series III DAW Mode failing to control Logic or other DAWs via MIDI
- StudioLive Series III rendering scribble strip displays incorrectly
These issues are logged and are being addressed with Apple. Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve them.