Updating Studio One is a simple process that can be done from the Studio One context menu under the HELP menu or by using your computer’s Web browser (Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.).
From within the Studio One Software:
Click on the [Help] tab in Studio One, in the drop down menu select the option [Check for updates].
This will open a pop up window inside Studio One and automatically download/install the update.
Important Notes: If the built in updater is not working for any reason, use the steps outlined below to log into your user account and download the installer file directly from your user account.
Unlike certain other programs, Studio One is not updated via a “patch”; the new version simply replaces the previous version, resulting in an update. This will not affect your settings, songs, or files in any way. We recommend updating Studio One regularly as new versions come out, as this will improve the performance of the software, as well as adding new features.
Follow the steps below to download and install the new version of Studio One from your user account.
1. Shut Studio One down. Studio One cannot be running while you perform the update.
2. Go to my.presonus.com and log into your user account.
3. Enter your username and password, then select "Sign In."
4. Once logged into your My.Presonus.com account, click on the [My Products] link. Then click the [Software] tab. Lastly, click the link for the registered software you wish to change the activations for. Or press the arrow button.
5. Once you are on the downloads page for Studio One, the installer for your Operating System should be available. Clicking either [Download Installer - Windows] for Windows users, or [Download Installer - macOS] for macOS users will automatically start the download.
If you are downloading from a different computer (i.e. Mac vs PC) than that which you plan to Install Studio One, and need an installer for a different operating system, please click on [Show all Systems] to access the correct download, then a screen like this will appear.
Note: the Studio One installer is the same for all versions: PRIME. Artist, and Professional. You can download the Studio One program from any of your Studio One products and achieve the same update without a loss of features. The version of Studio One installed on your computer is determined by the product key that you activated it with, not the file that you installed.
6. Windows Users: Run the downloaded installer, and it will overwrite the previous build of Studio One, effectively updating it to the latest version.
7. macOS Users: Run the downloaded installer, and drag it to applications. It will give you the choice to overwrite the previous version or replace the previous version. That would be your choice.