There is a range of Studio One Add-ons, available from the PreSonus Shop either at shop.presonus.com or from within Studio One, to expand the capabilities and content of Studio One. If you have purchased one of these Add-ons, the following will guide you through installing and authorizing each package.
- Your registered add-ons must be in the same account that your Studio One 5 is registered in.
- Make sure that you know your correct email address & password for your user account. Because they will be needed to complete this process.
- If you would like to find out which Add-ons are available for purchase, please click this link: https://shop.presonus.com/studio-one-add-ons
INSTALLING YOUR STUDIO ONE ADD-ONS FROM STUDIO ONE
1. Open Studio One and navigate to the menu Studio One > Studio One Activation.
A. Place a checkmark beside "My Purchased Items." Any Add-ons that you have purchased will load here.
B. Place a checkmark beside each product that you want to install.
C. Press the [Install] button.
2. After pressing install, the Studio One Transfers window will appear. This window shows your current installations.
3. Once the download and installation completes. The Activate Purchased Items window appears. Select the product you want to activate, and press the green [Activation] button.
It should only take a few moments to activate your Add-ons.
Restart Studio One when prompted.
INSTALLING YOUR STUDIO ONE ADD-ONS FROM YOUR MY.PRESONUS.COM ACCOUNT
1. Log into your PreSonus.com account: https://my.presonus.com/auth/login
2. If you do not see your product listed, ensure that you have the Add-On registered in the same account as your Studio One 5 license. The product key for your Add-on will be added to your account after your purchase and payment have been verified or after manual registration. Should you have any issues or not see your purchase, please check your email to ensure that your purchase was completed properly and you have received confirmation of your purchase. Be sure the email you purchased through matches the email you have for the account you are logged into.
3. Click on the [My Products] tab and then press the [Add-ons] tab. Then, select the arrow. This will open the products download page.
4. Click the blue [Download] button to begin the download of your Add-on. The package should be downloaded to your designated place of downloads on your computer, usually your computer's "Downloads" folder.
Once your package is downloaded, start Studio One.
5. Now, drag and drop the Add-on onto the "Start" page of Studio One. This will start the installation of the Add-on to Studio One.
6. Once the installation has completed, activate the add-on by clicking the green [Activate] button and the Add-on will now be activated to run in your copy of Studio One.
****If you get an error , such as “the request failed”, refer to step 2 above, and check that the credentials (username and password) are correct and that the product installed correctly.
*Checking the "Remember My Credentials" box will also remember your log information for future reference.
If you wish to activate the Add-on and you are not connected to the internet, please follow the below offline activation instructions.
1. Click on the [My Products] tab and then press the [Add-ons] tab. Then, select the arrow. This will open the products download page.
2. Press the [Offline Activation].
3. Press the [Download License] button.
4. Download the license file to your computer and transfer it to the offline computer via a USB thumb drive or CD.
4. Once you drag the add-on onto the Start page in Studio One, you will want to press the "Select License..." button and navigate to your license file.
5. You should get an installation success notification like this one, Restart Studio One.
*If you get an error, make sure that both Studio One Artist and the Add-on are registered in the same account. They must both be registered to the same account in order to work in tandem.
Common Issues with the integration of Add-Ons and Studio One.
In some cases, customers will get the warning that the add-on and Studio One are not compatible. Typically, this is because the version build of Studio One that is installed is not updated to the latest build available. The build must be 5.0.0 or later for an Add-On to integrate into Studio One 5 properly. To check the build info, go to the Studio One Help menu on Windows and Studio One menu on macOS, and in the drop down select About Studio One. This will give you the build info and product key that Studio One is registered as. If the build is not version 5.0.0 or later, then you will need to update Studio One 5 to the latest build available in your account.
Please see the following link for assistance updating Studio One to the latest build: https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003401691-Updating-Studio-One-4
The other potential issue would be that Studio One or the add-on is registered to another user account than the one the host software or add-on is registered to.
To check this, go to the Help menu (Windows) or Studio One menu (macOS) and check the About Studio One page and take note of the 28 digit product code listed there. You should have this product code listed in your user account with both the Add-On and Studio One. If you are unable to find Studio One registered under the "Software" section of your PreSonus user account, and the add-on registered under the "Add-on" section of your user account, then the issue is that Studio One and the add-on are registered under different user accounts.
To resolve this issue, you will need to contact technical support and ask to have the license for the add-on transferred to the proper account. Make sure to include relevant account information in the support ticket for each account. Support tickets can be created from your user account once logged in.