*** IMPORTANT NOTE:
Please note that there is a difference between downloading, installing, and activating, a particular version of Studio One, in order to unlock that version’s features and content.
When you download and install Studio One from any source, you are installing the build of that version - 5.0, 5.0.1, 5.1.0, 5.2.3, 5.3.2, etc. In order to unlock the core content for your registered version - Demo, Artist, or Professional - you must activate the installed build using the 28 digit product code or the offline 16 digit product key depending on your type of activation. The process of activation will then release the content for the registered version within Studio One once properly activated.
* Below you will find instructions on downloading and installing Studio One from your user account. The online and offline activation process is linked below at the bottom of this article.
* The build located for download in your user account will always be the latest build available for that registered version.
1. If you are not already logged into your PreSonus user account, log into your account: https://my.presonus.com/
2. Locate the [My Products] tab at the upper right hand of the user section of your account. Click this button to view your registered product lists.
3. Click the [Software] button to view your registered software listings. Once you have located the listing of your software, click on the arrow button to view the installers download page..
The website will intuitively read the system you are connecting to the website account with and offer the installer for that system. Windows users will see a 64 bit installer, whereas MAC users will see a macOS installer.
Note: Studio One 5 is only compatible with 64-bit operating systems. There is no longer a 32-bit version.
Installing Studio One 5 on Windows:
By default, the Studio One 5 Installer will download to your "Downloads" folder. Browse to that folder and double-click the "PreSonus Studio One 5 Installer" to start the setup program.
1. Choose the Installer language.
2. Then press the "Next" button.
3. Review the license terms for Studio One, then press the "I Agree" button to continue.
4. Choose the destination folder for Studio One to install to. For new users, we strongly suggest that you allow Studio One to install to the default location. You can set the location for Sound Sets, and the Songs directory after activation.
5. Studio One 5 starts the installation.
Also, you may see this Microsoft Visual C++ install window during the file transfer. This is normal.
6. When the installation is complete, the following window will appear, press "Finish" to complete.
Next Article: Studio One Activation
• If your computer will be connected to the internet when using Studio One, do an ONLINE activation:
• If your computer will not be connected to the internet when using Studio One, do an OFFLINE activation: