Published October 10, 2018
Mac OS X 10.14 (Mojave) Compatibility Statement:
Update: No Input on Mojave Issue - Read this Knowledge Base Article
Apple’s latest Mac OS X operating system named Mojave (Mac OS X 10.14) was released on Sept 24, 2018.
The following list of PreSonus products are supported on Mac OS X 10.14 Mojave:
- Studio One 126.96.36.199247
- Capture 188.8.131.52508
- Notion 6.4.462
- Progression 3.1.381
- SL Room Control 184.108.40.206178
- Worx Control 220.127.116.11854
- Universal Control 18.104.22.168508
- StudioLive Series III 32, 24 & 16 Console and Rack Mixers
- StudioLive 32, 24 and 16 Ai Series Consoles and Systems
- StudioLive RM Ai / RML Ai Rack Mixers
- StudioLive AR 8 / AR 12/ AR 16 / AR 22 Hybrid Mixers
- Studio USB 2|4, 2|6, 6|8, 18|10 and 18|24 Series
- Quantum 1, 2 and 4848 Thunderbolt Series
- StudioLive 1602 USB
- AudioBox USB / AudioBox 96 USB
- AudioBox iOne / iTwo Series
- AudioBox 22VSL, 44VSL and 1818VSL Series
- FaderPort 2018, 16, 8 Series and FaderPort Classic
- Universal Control 22.214.171.124221
- Studio 192 / Studio 192 Mobile
- Universal Control 1.7.6
- StudioLive Classic Mixers: 2442, 1642 and 1602 (1394)*
- FireStudio Mobile & FireStudio Project
- FaderPort Classic
- FaderPort Control / DAW Profile Installer)
- Studio One Remote 126.96.36.199436
- UC Surface - 188.8.131.52508
- QMix-UC - 184.108.40.206925
- QMix - 1.4.5848
- SL Remote - 1.6.5848
- PreSonus Capture for iOS / Capture Duo for iOS - 220.127.116.11667
Mac OS X 10.14 continues with a warning with .KEXT file extensions:
With the newest security updates on Mac OS X 10.14 Mojave (and previously with Mac OS X 10.13 High Sierra), our USB, Thunderbolt and FireWire interface drivers may run into issues mounting on the OS. You may be prompted to grant the KEXT file permission to install in your operating system. Please read the following article to learn more about GateKeeper and KEXT files.
Tech Tip when upgrading your install of OS X to a newer version of OS X:
We do recommend that when you do update your OS from a previous version, make sure you power down and / or unplug (especially Thunderbolt devices) all of your existing hardware from your system except of course keyboard / mouse and networking. Let the system update all preferences to the new OS version, then plug in and power on your gear and let the new system initialize a new set of preferences. If you're arriving at this article because you're having issues after the upgrade and want to know why, you may have to uninstall and reinstall drivers and/or applications to resolve any OS update issues.
This has been a norm with Apple OS updates since the early days of OS X. For future versions of OS X that come out as dot releases can create the same issue, download and install the combo update for the OS version you're installing for can also help to remedy the problem.
An alternative would be to partition your storage drive and install new OS X, you'd have to reinstall your applications and your drivers, then you'll have the option of going back to the older version if needed and all your files are still accessible across partitions.
To report any issues, please contact PreSonus Technical Support by creating a Support Ticket at My.PreSonus.com/Support for further assistance.