The following article explains the process of installing and activating the Softube Tape plug-in that can be purchased from the PreSonus Shop. Here is a link to the Softube Tape plug-in in the PreSonus Shop.
*Compatible with Studio One 3 Professional (version 3.3.4 and higher)*
*All Softube plug-ins support both 32- and 64-bit hosts, although a 64-bit OS is required. For Windows, there is a setting in the Gobbler app to install 64 or 32 bit versions of the plug-in. If you are running a 64-bit host, you will want to install the 64-bit version. If you are running a 32-bit host, you will want to install the 32-bit version.*
*To make this process go as smooth as possible, go ahead and download and install the iLok License Manager. You will want to create an iLok account as well on the iLok.com web site. Here is a link to the iLok License Manager.
1. Once purchased, the Softube Tape plug-in can be found in your my.presonus.com account under My Products>Add-ons. Here is an image of how it will appear.
2. Simply press the "Download" button, illustrated in the screenshot above, to be taken to the Softube registration page where you can register your Product Key. Softube refers to this code as a "License Code." Here is a screenshot of this page.
3. Once you have entered your License Code aka Product Key, you will be taken to a page that asks you to log into Softube or to create an account. If you do not have an account, please choose the option that reads "Need an account?" It is directly below the "Sign in" button. Here is an image of this page.
4. Once you create an account, a Gobbler account will also be created. Softube uses the Gobbler email address to verify if there is an iLok account associated with that email. If there is not, you will be prompted to create one.
*If you have an iLok account, you will want to enter the user name on this screen. The user name is more than likely not your email address. Please make sure that you use the iLok user name for your iLok account.
5. Here is a screenshot of the page on Softube's web site where they can identify that you have an iLok account.
6. Once you enter your iLok User ID and log into your iLok account on the following page, you will be asked to authorize Softube to have access to your Gobbler account. Simply press the "Authorize" button.
7. You will now be sent to a page that gives you the option to download the Gobbler software if you need it. Simply click the link that reads "Download." Here is a screenshot.
8. Once you click the "Download" link, you will be taken to the following page to download the Gobbler software. This is how you get your software.
9. Once you download the Gobbler app, you will want to double-click it to install the software. Simply follow the prompts to install Gobbler.
10. Once Gobbler is installed, a window should appear asking you to log in. If not, simply open the Gobbler app from the Start menu on Windows or from your Applications folder on Mac. The credentials used here are the credentials for the Softube account that you created.
11. Once you sign into Gobbler, you will want to choose "Tape" over on the left-hand side of the screen, and then choose the option to download it. After downloading, simply choose the option to install it. Here is a screenshot.
12. Just follow the prompts to install the plug-in. When you get to the screen that asks where you would like to install the plug-in to, please choose the desired directory. This directory should also be set inside of Studio One under Studio One>Options (Preferences on Mac)>Locations>VST Plug-ins. Here is a screenshot of this prompt during the installation.
13. When asked where to install the program, which is on the next screen, please stick with the default setting unless you are an expert and have a reason to install it in a different directory.
14. When you launch Studio One after installing the software, you should see the following screen asking you to authorize the software. Simply press "Next."
15. If prompted to install the iLok licensing software, please do so. You can download the latest version of the iLok License Manager from the following link.
16. On the next screen, you will be asked to select your license. Simply select the license and press "Next."
17. On the following screen, you will be asked to select where you would like to install the license. You can install the license locally on your computer or to your iLok. Here is a screenshot.
18. Once you launch Studio One 3, you will see the Tape plug-in from Softube listed on your Effects tab of the Browser window. Here is a screenshot.
Here is a link to Softube's Support page.