Notion supports both VST and VSTi's. A VSTi is a VST instrument or library. Here are some key points to know about VST's and Notion.
- Notion supports VST and VSTi. VST's are effects that are added in the mixer, whereas VSTi's are VST instruments which are libraries that can be accessed via Score Setup. Both of which are enabled in the VST Manager.
- Notion does not support VST3.
- Although Notion supports most VST and VSTi's, there are 4 VSTi's that we have built-in presets and XML rules to control, so that our articulations, dynamics, and expressions within Notion will work with the library. They are as follows:
- Vienna Symphonic Library Special Edition.
- East West Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra Platinum, Gold, and Silver will all work. Of course if you write for an item that is not in the library that you have, it will not be played back.
- Miroslav Philharmonik (We only support the full version of Miroslav and not the CE version) - This is a 32-bit VSTi so you must run the 32-bit version of Notion or use jBridge to wrap the VST. jBridge is a memory bridge.
- Garritan Personal Orchestra
- To access the VST Manager in Notion, simply go to VST Instruments>VST Manager in Score Setup. You can also open a score and go to File>VST Manager. We scan the default VST location on your machine. If a VST does not show up in Notion, you must enable it in the VST Manager.