How do I set up my FaderPort in Cakewalk Sonar?
Once you have run the Faderport Installer and connected your FaderPort, launch Sonar to set up the FaderPort as a native controller.
Note: newer versions of Sonar may require manual placement and registration of the FaderPort.dll file in order for Sonar to see the Faderport as a control surface. See HERE.
1. In Sonar, go to Edit > Preferences > MIDI > Devices and check Faderport for both the Input and Output section
2. Next, go to the Control Surfaces section and click the yellow star to Add a New Control Surface
3. Select PreSonus FaderPort as Controller/Surface.
4. Select Faderport for both Input Port and Output Port. Click “OK” and close the window.
5. Go to the MIDI > Playback and Recording section and make sure both "Key Aftertouch" and "Channel Aftertouch" are checked. Click “OK” to close the window.
Your FaderPort is now ready to use. Enjoy!