*** IMPORTANT NOTE:
Please note the difference between downloading and installing a Studio One versions build and activating Studio One to unlock the core content that is included in a versions installed build. When you download and install Studio One from any source, you are installing the build of that version; 3.0, 3.0.1, 3.1.0, 3.2.3, 3.3.2, etc... In order to unlock the core content for your registered version; Demo, Prime, Artist, Professional, you must activate the installed build using the 28 digit product code or the offline 16 digit product key depending on your type of activation. The process of activation will then release the content for the registered version within Studio One once properly activated.
*** The Free version will default to all installed builds of Studio One version 3 if the activation process is bypassed!
* Below you will find instructions on downloading and installing Studio One from your user account. The online and offline activation process is linked below this outline at the bottom of this knowledge base article.
* The build located for download in your user account will always be the latest build available for download for that registered version.
1. If you are not already logged into your PreSonus user account, log into your account: https://my.presonus.com/
2. Locate the My Products tab at the upper right hand of the user section of your account once logged in.
Click this button to view your registered product lists.
3. Locate the My Software button in your user account and click that button to view your registered software listings.
4. Once you have located the listing of your registered software, click on the link that says "View More Details" to view the installers for your system.
The website will intuitively read the system you are connecting to the website account with, and offer the installer for that system. Windows users will see a 64 bit and 32 bit installer, whereas MAC users will see a MAC OSX installer. You can also select the option to "View Previous Versions" link there in your registration of Studio One to view previous versions of Studio One.
Mac OS X Users:
There is one Mac OS X installer for both 32-Bit and 64-Bit. It will be the "Download Installer for MAC" link. Open the .dmg file left click, hold, then drag-and-drop the Studio One icon onto the Applications folder to install the Studio One software.
Once Studio One is properly installed into the Applications folder of your Mac, you can drag it to your Mac's "Dock" to create an alias (shortcut) to the original program file, which should continue to reside in the Applications folder.
Note: Studio One will run as a 64-Bit program by default on a Mac when installing 3.0.0. or newer.
• To change the bit type running on a Mac, locate the Studio One icon in your Applications folder.
• Right-click or Command-click and choose "Get Info".
• Under “General,” check the option to "Open in 32-bit mode". The next time Studio One runs, it will run in 32-Bit mode.
Builds 2.6.4 and older will default to the 32 bit type unless changed.
Proceed to Activation steps next:
• If your computer will be connected to the internet when using Studio One, do an ONLINE activation:
• If your computer will not be connected to the internet when using Studio One, do an OFFLINE activation: