*** IMPORTANT NOTE:
Please note the difference between downloading and installing a Studio One versions build and activating Studio One to unlock the core content that is included in a versions installed build. When you download and install Studio One from any source, you are installing the build of that version; 3.0, 3.0.1, 3.1.0, 3.2.3, 3.3.2, etc... In order to unlock the core content for your registered version; Demo, Prime, Artist, Professional, you must activate the installed build using the 28 digit product code or the offline 16 digit product key depending on your type of activation. The process of activation will then release the content for the registered version within Studio One once properly activated.
*** The Free version will default to all installed builds of Studio One version 3 if the activation process is bypassed!
* Below you will find instructions on downloading and installing Studio One from your user account. The online and offline activation process is linked below this outline at the bottom of this knowledge base article.
* The build located for download in your user account will always be the latest build available for download for that registered version.
1. If you are not already logged into your PreSonus user account, log into your account: https://my.presonus.com/
2. Locate the My Products tab at the upper right hand of the user section of your account once logged in.
Click this button to view your registered product lists.
3. Locate the My Software button in your user account and click that button to view your registered software listings.
4. Once you have located the listing of your registered software, click on the link that says "View More Details" to view the installers for your system.
The website will intuitively read the system you are connecting to the website account with and offer the installer for that system. Windows users will see a 64 bit and 32 bit installer, whereas MAC users will see a MAC OS X installer. You can also select the option to "View Previous Versions" link there in your registration of Studio One to view previous versions of Studio One.
Windows systems: The 32 bit (x86) version and the 64 bit version are separate installers. You will see both listed in your account when you connect using a Windows machine. The 64 bit version lists on the button (64 bit). Choose the appropriate bit type that you wish to install and download that version. Both the 32 bit and 64 bit type of Studio One on a Windows machine can be installed separately, but only one build can run at a time.
How to identify your Windows operating system type (32-bit or 64-bit):
• Browse to your Control Panel.
• Select "System and Security" and then "system" if you are in the classic view, for the large or small ICONS view, simply choose "system".
• Under "System Type", it will list the operating system type as 32 bit or 64 bit.
Hint: Sometimes you may see 32-bit applications or system types labelled as "x86". 64-bit system types may also be displayed as "x64".
Installing Studio One 3 on Windows:
By default, the Studio One 3 Installer will download to your "Downloads" folder. Browse to that folder and double-click the "PreSonus Studio One 3 Installer" to start the setup program.
1. Choose the Installer language.
2. Then press the "Next" button.
3. Review the license terms for Studio One, then press the "I Agree" button to continue.
4. Choose the destination folder for Studio One to install to. For new users, we strongly suggest that you allow Studio One to install to the default location. You can set the location for Sound Sets, and the Songs directory after activation.
5. Studio One 3 starts the installation.
6. When the installation is complete, the following window will appear, press "Finish" to complete.
Proceed to Activation steps next:
• If your computer will be connected to the internet when using Studio One, do an ONLINE activation:
• If your computer will not be connected to the internet when using Studio One, do an OFFLINE activation: