Universal Control 1.8 Release Notes
Please read these notes carefully before proceeding.
Universal Control 1.8 supercedes the Universal Control AI software for the StudioLive AI device family, and rolls in support for the AudioBox and Studio 192 interfaces families.
Universal Control 1.8 requires Mac OS X version 10.9 or newer.
Universal Control 1.8 will:
Provide the latest audio drivers and control software for the following devices:
- StudioLive 32.4.2AI
- StudioLive 24.4.2AI
- StudioLive 16.4.2AI
- StudioLive RM32AI
- StudioLive RML32AI
- StudioLive RM16AI
- StudioLive RML16AI
- Firmware for these products is available in your my.presonus.com account.
Provides the latest firmware for the following devices:
- Studio 192
- Studio 192 Mobile
- AudioBox 1818VSL**
- AudioBox 44VSL**
- AudioBox 22VSL**
- AudioBox iTwo
- AudioBox iOne
UC 1.8 (Mac/PC) - 220.127.116.11570
UC Surface (iOS) - 18.104.22.168570
Capture (Mac/PC) - 22.214.171.124590
RM Mixer Firmware - v9016
CS18 Firmware - v9016
AI Console Firmware - v8756
Studio 192 Firmware - 1.6-27
AudioBox 1818VSL - 1.48
AudioBox 44VSL - 1.06
AudioBox 22VSL - 1.05
AudioBox iOne / iTwo - 1.32
NOTE: This Universal Control 1.8 Installer will remove any previously installed version of Universal Control AI and AudioBox software.
NOTE: AudioBox USB is a class compliant audio interface and does not require a special driver in order to function. It works without installing any software, and it will not appear in the Universal Control device browser. It will only appear in Sound Preferences and in Audio MIDI Setup.
NOTE: Due to changes made by Apple in OS X 10.11 and later, the AudioBox VSL software will no longer function as designed. In order to continue to use the AudioBox 22VSL, 44VSL or 1818VSL on Mac OS X 10.11 (or later), AudioBox VSL software must be completely removed from your computer. The AudioBox VSL software has been discontinued on all platforms, and Universal Control 1.8 does not include any VSL software mixing interface for the AudioBox products.
If you desire to use the Audiobox VSL software mixing interface features on OSX 10.8, 10.9 or 10.10, you will need to uninstall Universal Control 1.8 using the PreSonus Hardware Uninstaller script included with Universal Control 1.8 before proceeding with the re-install of older AudioBox VSL software.
Products not supported by Universal Control 1.8:
- StudioLive 24.4.2 Classic
- StudioLive 16.4.2 Classic
- StudioLive 16.0.2 Classic
- FireStudio Project
- FireStudio Mobile
- FireStudio Lightpipe
- FireStudio Tube
- These products must use Universal Control 1.7.4
For more information on how to co-install Universal Control 1.8 and Universal Control 1.7.4 products, please visit our knowledge base at: http://support.presonus.com/forums and search the word “co-install"
A restart of your system will be necessary after installation completes.
New In Universal Control 1.8:
- Name change, from Universal Control AI 1.5.1 to Universal Control 1.8
- AudioBox interface support (driver and control panel only, no VSL software)
- Completely resizable UC Surface window
- Universal Control Uninstaller Script for Mac (uninstalls UC-AI and Audiobox software)
NOTE: The "AB1818-VSL" remote App is NOT compatible with UC 1.8
- Mac Uninstaller script and Readme section in the installer
- Improved buffer and Safe Mode management for AudioBox interfaces
Fixed In This Release:
- Window size and position setting not remembered when application is relaunched
- RM Mono bus meter displays Peak Hold initially after UC Surface launch until Peak Hold setting toggled
- Universal Control 1.7.4 can now be co-installed with Universal Control AI 1.8
- Group Masters Scrollbar missing in 1.6
- Add 48v and Preamp control to TB Channel Strip for Selected TB source
- Add 48v and Preamp control for CS18 Inputs 1 and 2 when corresponding RM Channel is set to Network Input
- Dig Return Fader now follows Tape In Fader
- Cascaded RM Slave channels now available for Talkback selection
- RM Slave mixer now inherits Bus Configuration of Master mixer upon cascading
- Channel Type icon now only recalled when "Name" Scene Recall Filter is engaged
- Cascaded RM Mixers - Smaart Fat Channel RTA and Spectrograph now work for Slave mixer
- Cascaded RM Mixers - Slave channels now pass audio when selected for Talkback
- Subgroups on CS18 now show Slave Channels
- Channel color selection now working for cascaded Slave RM
- EQ graphic frequency grid lines are now correct
- Flex Fader no longer stays on Spilled Group when returning to Group Masters
- When Groups list is longer than fits on screen, Groups are now created correctly
- Control of CS18 Input 1 and 2 now works immediately upon selecting Network Input for RM Ch.31 & 32
- Parameters now displayed on Delay Bus assigned to TAP after returning from DAW control
- Preamp and 48v control now implemented for RM Ch.1 and 2 set to network
- Input 1/2 preamp level now shown when Ch's 1/2 & 31/32 are set to Network Source
- Control Panel Buffer is no longer adjustable when DAW is in use on MAC OS X
- Improved firmware update stability for AudioBox 1818 on OS X
- Improved firmware update stability for AudioBox iOne and iTwo on PC
For more information on PreSonus products visit http://www.presonus.com