Why would I need to Uninstall & Reinstall my FireStudio drivers?
- My Universal Control crashes when I launch it
- My device Device window is not opening properly or not opening at all
- My Universal Control launch window displays driver version "0.0.0"
- I've attempted to install different versions of UC for troubleshooting with no success
Sometimes drivers do not install properly and can cause numerous issues with the functionality of your device. This is usually caused by certain files not being overwritten properly, or older files from previous installs causing conflicts. These issues can normally be resolved by simply manually uninstalling the driver and software before installing the new version.
Uninstalling Universal Control and FireStudio Family drivers and software
- Disconnect your StudioLive mixer or other Firestudio device.
- Quit all applications. Look in the System Tray in the lower right hand corner of your screen and check the list of running applications (you may need to click the Up arrow to show hidden applications). If you see the red Universal Control icon, right-click it and select Quit from the pop-up menu
- On Windows 7, click on the START menu in the lower left hand corner of the screen and click Control Panel. On Windows 8, move the mouse into the upper right hand corner of the screen and then click on the Search icon (magnifying glass). In the Search field, type Control Panel and then click on the Control Panel shortcut in the list on the left.
- In Control Panel, select Programs>Uninstall a Program if you're in Category view, or select Programs and Features if you're in List view
- Find Universal Control in the list of Programs and select it.
- Choose “Uninstall” from the Programs and Features menu, or right click Universal Control and choose Uninstall. Follow the prompts.
- Now lets make sure the Roaming folder is cleaned up. On Windows 7, click the START menu in the lower left hand corner of the screen. In the search field, type %appdata% and hit enter on your keyboard. On Windows 8, move the mouse into the upper right hand corner of the screen and then click on the Search icon (magnifying glass). In the search field, type %appdata% and hit enter on your keyboard. This will take you to the Roaming folder.
- Open the PreSonus folder and delete the Universal Control folder and Firestudio folder located there.
- Empty your trash and reboot your computer
Downloading and Installing the latest driver
- Go to http://www.presonus.com/support/downloads/
- Download the driver for your StudioLive mixer from the PreSonus website and Save it to your desktop. If you are co-installing with Universal Control-AI for the StudioLive-AI mixers, make sure you download Universal Control 1.7.2 from your Presonus User Account under the My Hardware page listing of your registered AI mixer.
- Quit your web browser and any other application you have running
- Locate PreSonus_Universal_Control_XX.exe on your desktop (where XX is the Universal Control version number)
- Make sure you have temporarily disabled any antivirus or security software you might have installed, then double click on the PreSonus Universal Control Installer
- Windows 7 and Vista Users will be asked if they want to run this file on their computer, click "Run"
- Windows 7 and Vista Users will be asked if they want this file to make changes to their computer. Click "yes"
- The Welcome screen will open, click "Next" to continue the installation. Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- When the installation is finished, follow the prompt to Reboot your computer.
- Once your computer has rebooted, connect your StudioLive or FireStudio family interface. When your interface has synced with your computer, it is ready for use.