***Please be sure to back up your scenes before doing any firmware update on your mixer. See the Article below on Scene saving and transfer:
NOTE: PreSonus has now included a version of Universal Control that can update any mixer firmware to current versions, to give compatibility to new OS X versions that cannot install Universal Control 1.2. Please go to the appropriate download page below to install Universal Control 1.7.4:
Please Note: Universal Control version version 1.5 and above does not support upgrading StudioLive 16.4.2 units with a firmware version of 1.12 or earlier. If your StudioLive 16.4.2 is currently running on firmware version 1.12 or earlier, and you attempt to use your unit on Universal Control version 1.5 or above, or attempt to update the firmware with Universal Control 1.5 or above, you will receive an error and it could damage your mixer.
PC Users - If your StudioLive 16.4.2 has a firmware version of 1.12 or earlier, (Verify by pressing the System button on your mixer, then press the Page Down button until firmware version is displayed), you MUST install Universal Control v1.2 to update your firmware before installing current versions of Universal Control. Universal Control v1.2 is supported for Windows 7, Vista, and XP (32bit).
Mac Users - NOTE: Installing Universal Control v1.2 on a Mac requires OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard or 10.5 Leopard. If your StudioLive 16.4.2 has a firmware version of 1.12 or earlier, (Verify by pressing the System button on your mixer, then press the Page Down button until firmware version is displayed), you MUST install Universal Control v1.2 to update your firmware before installing current versions of Universal Control. Universal Control v1.2 is only supported for OSX 10.5 Leopard and 10.6 Snow Leopard.
VERY IMPORTANT: Universal Control v1.2 should only be installed on supported operating systems. Attempting to install Universal Control v1.2 on an unsupported operating system in order to update your mixer firmware may result in corrupted mixer firmware or a mixer that is unable to be updated further.
Here are some instructions to help you:
1. If you've already loaded Universal Control v 1.5 or above, you'll first need to uninstall Universal Control from your computer.
2. Download and install the Universal Control version 1.2 from the link below:
3. Restart your computer >> connect your unit >> launch Universal Control >> you should now be prompted, with instructions, to update your firmware.
- (On Windows) You will notice that the Universal Control states that you need to go to "Settings > Check Firmware." You find this by double clicking on the icon in your System Tray.
Then make sure to click on "Check Firmware" and go through the update process.
(Mac Only) Make sure double click on the icon in your dock to open the Settings Menu.
4. After successfully completing the Universal Control firmware update, disconnect your console from your computer.
5. Once the console is disconnected, uninstall Universal Control 1.2.
After the uninstall, download the latest version of Universal Control for your Operating System under "Current Downloads":
6. Repeat step 3. Also, refer to this Knowledge Base Article below if you run into any issues at this point:
7. You should now be ready to use the latest version of Universal Control on your computer.