If you are using a Mac running OS X then please send a System Profile instead:
Your tech support agent will be able to begin troubleshooting your FireWire interface after being provided with the following two files which contain detailed information about your system's configuration:
- System Information ( *.NFO ) file
- OHCI Report (contains info about your specific FireWire card's chipset )
- Belarc Profile
PLEASE NOTE: If you own PreSonus hardware, you will need to have your PreSonus hardware attached to the computer by USB or FireWire and powered on when you do this.
I) System Information ( .NFO) File:
To access your PC’s System Information on Windows 7 and Windows 10
1. Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Information
2. IMPORTANT: Click File then "Save as", save this file as a .nfo file format and rename the file your name and attach it to this email.
To access your PC’s System Information on Windows 8:
1. Go to the the Desktop.
2. Press [WinLogoKey] + R to bring up 'Run'.
3. Type 'msinfo32' without quotes.
4. Press the [Enter] key.
5. IMPORTANT: Click File then "Save as", save this file as a .nfo file format and rename the file your name and attach it to this email.
II) OHCI Report:
This program scans your computer in order to determine whether or not the firewire card on the computer is compatible with our interfaces.
Download the following OHCI tool:
- Run the downloaded ohciTool.exe file and click the "Scan Now" button
- Take a screen shot of the results and attach that to your support ticket
***If the first link does not give back any results then please use this second link***
Please Note: Do not Check any of the Boxes Prior to running the OCHI Report. This will restrict the restrict the report from being run properly and showing all necessary data.
III) Belarc Profile:
This will give me some vital info on your motherboard model, BIOS version, etc.
Go to http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html and download the Belarc Advisor.
Once it's downloaded, you will need to run the installer to start Belarc on your computer.
- To start the profiler, go to your Windows Start Menu and run the Belarc Advisor.
It will take a few minutes to finish, and when it does it will open the report in your default web browser.
- You can save it by hitting Ctrl+S, renaming it to your name, and for Save as Type, selecting "Web Page, HTML Only"
You will need to save this report to an html file and attach that HTML file to your support ticket.