posted this on December 04, 2012 16:02
Transport Control Assignment:
Make sure your device is connected via USB or Midi cables.
The steps below are written using Studio One version 2.0.4+, please download and install the latest version of Studio One 2 from your user account to be sure these steps will apply.
1. Start Studio One and go to the External Device Setup menu.
2. Now choose "ADD" to add a new device. Click "New Keyboard". Now label this new keyboard a name you will reference it by. Choose all midi channels. Click where it says "Receive From" and select the name of the midi port your controller is connected to. It may be the name of the midi driver your device uses or the name of the actual midi port you have connected midi cables to.
3. Click OK.
4. Next you will need to enable the MMC device. Click "ADD" again to add a new device and on the left go to the Presonus folder and choose MMC from the list. Click where it says "Receive From" and select the name of the midi port your controller is connected to. It may be the name of the midi driver your device uses or the name of the actual midi port you have connected midi cables to.
If you get a message that the port is already assigned, disregard it and proceed.
5. Now click OK and then OK again to exit the menu.
6. Now test your device and see if it the transport buttons work, if they don't you may have to either:
* Enable MMC commands for your devices transport buttons. Refer to the manufacturers manual of your MIDI hardware device on how to do this.
* Use the MIDI Learn feature of Studio One to learn the midi controls and then assign them to Studio One Commands.
1. Create a New Song
2. In the new song, open the Console/Mixer view, the button is located in the lower right under the browser.
3. On the left you will see a button for "External." Click it and you should see the name you chose for your controller in your list of External Devices.
4. Double click your device there and a new window pops up with the button "Midi Learn" in the upper left.
5. Click Midi learn and proceed to physically press the transport buttons on your controller. They should now populate in the empty space.
6. Right click on each knob that appears and choose "Button On/Off" or the appropriate control.
7. Then you can right click the button and choose "Assign". A menu appears and you can search for Studio One commands to assign to that button.
Search the following to assign your transport.
* Start/Toggle Start - Triggers Playback
* Stop - Triggers Stop
* Rewind - Triggers Rewind
* Forward - Triggers Fast Forward
* Record - Triggers Record
Once you have assigned these to your transport buttons when you exit the menu they should work for you.